GPF Interest Rate in Tamil Nadu – Between 1.4.2019 and 30.6.2019 – Orders issued
The Finance Department of Tamil Nadu published an order regarding the interest for General Provident Fund with effect from 1.4.2019 to 30.6.2019
FINANCE [Allowances] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.126, Dated 24th April, 2019.
(Vikari, Chithirai-11, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2050)
Provident Fund – General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) – Rate of interest for the financial year 2019-2020 – With effect from 1.04.2019 to 30.06.2019 – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.25, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 21.01.2019.
2. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (Budget Division), New Delhi Resolution F.No.5(2)- B(PD)/2019, dated 3.04.2019. –
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued regarding fixation of the rate of interest on the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) at 8% for the period from 1st January, 2019 to 31st March, 2019.
2. The Government of India, in its resolution second read above, announced that during the year 2019-2020, accumulation at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 8% (Eight percent) with effect from 1st April, 2019 to 30th June, 2019.
3. The Government now direct that the rate of interest on the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) shall carry interest at the rate of 8% (Eight percent) with effect from 1st April, 2019 to 30th June, 2019.
4. The rate of interest on belated final payment of Provident Fund accumulation remaining unpaid for more than three months of its becoming payable shall be at the same rates as ordered in para-3 above.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT