Income Eligibility of ECHS Smart Card for Dependents
ECHS Smart Card: Documents required as proof of income to check eligibility of dependents
Central Organisation ECHS
Adjutant General’s Branch
Integrated Headquarters of MoD (Army),
Thimayya Marg, Near Gopinath Circle,
Delhi Cantt- 110 010
B/ 49711-NewSmartCard /AG/ ECHS
29 Apr 2019
IHQ of MoD (Air Force)
IHQ of MoD (Navy)
HQ South Comd (A/ ECHS)
HQ East Comd (A/ ECHS)
HQ West Comd (A/ ECHS)
HQ Central Comd (A/ ECHS)
Northern Comd (A/ ECHS)
South West Comd (A/ ECHS)
Regional Centres ECHS
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AS PROOF OF INCOME TO CHECK ELIGIBILITY OF DEPENDENTS FOR ECHS MEMBERSHIP
1. Refer to Central Organisation ECHS letter No B/ 49701-PR /AG/ ECHS/ 2017 dated 27 Sep 2017 and 8/49701-PR/ AG/ ECHS/ 2017 dt 16 Nov 2017(Not to all).
2. A policy on eligibility criteria for ECHS membership was promulgated vide letters under reference. The following documents are required to be produced by the ESM for all dependents above 18 years of age (except spouse) at the time of collection of their Cards:-
(a) Self attested copy of PAN Card.
(b) Self attested copy of Form 26AS for the last two financial years.
3. In case the documents given at Para 2(a) & (b) can not be produced by the ESM, then he will have to furnish a self attested certificate for dependent above 18 Years of age. Specimen proforma is attached as Appx ‘A’.
4. In case of income of dependents above 18 years of age (except spouse) is more than Rs 9000/ – from all sources (excluding DA) per month, then the ECHS Cards for such dependents will not be handed over to the beneficiary/ ESM.
Such Cards will be destroyed by a board of officers every month and record be maintained at the Station HQ’s. Details of such destruction be forwarded to Regional Centre concerned, Central Organization, ECHS and M/ S SourceDotCom Private Limited. Cases will be initiated in such cases for cancellation of cards permanently.
5. It is further reiterated that the Cards of all dependants will be blocked automatically by the system on completion of one year. The ESM will have to submit an online self declaration certificate by using his login credentials.
A specimen ECHS self attested certificate for dependent above 18 years of age is attached as Appx ‘B’. The fields marked as ‘A’ will be auto populated and in the balance fields the beneficiary will have to upload the required certificate/ enter details.
This renewal facility will be available one month in advance from completion of one year from the date of issue of Card/ last renewal.
Jt Dir (Stats & Automation)
for MD ECHS