ALLOWANCES : AN OVERVIEW AS PER 7th CPC – MAJOR FEATURES
2.3. ALLOWANCES : AN OVERVIEW AS PER 7th CPC.
(a) MAJOR FEATURES :
• Revision has been implemented w.e.f 01.07.2017.
• All slab based allces to increase by 25% for every 50% rise in DA.
• Rates of Children Education Allowance (CEA) and Hostel Subsidy increased by 1.5 times. CEA has been increased from Rs 1500/- per month/child (max two) to Rs 2250/- per month/child (max two). Hostel Subsidy has been revised from Rs 4500/- per month to Rs 6750/- per month.
• Family Accn Allce for JCOs/OR subsumed w.e.f 01.07.2017.
• HRA will be applicable to all ranks and CILQ abolished w.e.f 01.07.2017.
• Travel by air on TD for Level 6 and above. AC III/AC Chair Car for Level 5 and below.
• Siachen Allowance will be Rs 30,000/- per month for JCOs/OR (Level 8 and below) and Rs 42,500/- per month for officers (Level 9 and above).